How can I register my artwork?
All entries, without exception, must be uploaded in digital format on our webpage with the following specifications:
- all entries must be JPG format
- each image must be at least 72 dpi and 200 KB
- the shortest side of the image must be at least 500 pixels
- each image should not exceed 5MB
How important is the quality of the photograph I send?
Image quality is very important. This is the only thing the jurors will have. If the photograph will be of poor quality (blurred image, dim lighting, etc) it may reduce your chances of being selected.
Should I include my résumé with the entry?
No. The competition is judged solely on the basis of the artwork itself. The jury receives only the photograph of your work, no other background describing who is the author. We want to give everyone an equal chance. If you are selected, we will need a biography/résumé and statement for the exhibition promotion (invitation, catalog, press release).
Can I register a work I no longer have available?
No, all the works you register must be available. In the case of selection, we will also exhibit a "winning" work.
How will I know if my entry has been successfully submitted?
You will receive an email confirmation of your entry. If you do not receive confirmation within 24 hours, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I change already submitted work?
Yes, you can make amends or change your work for free within 3 calendar days after receiving your confirmation email. However, it is not possible to cancel your application.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering this competition, you hereby confirm to Organizer of the project „Searchig for artists“ (“organizer”) that all registration information you submit is truthful, accurate and you also agree to the following terms and warrant :
1. Eligibility - the competition is open to all artists 18 years of age or older or according to appropriate call.
2. Artwork content - the artwork registered to the competition will not include material that is pornographic, violent and/or racist.
3. Jury – if for any reason an announced juror is unable to judge the entries, the entries will be judged by the remaining jurors and/or alternate jurors. In this case, the organizer has the right to select substitute members of the jury.
4. Evaluation (winners) - no names or other indicators that could indicate who is the author will be shown in judging. Individual scores from judges will be averaged to produce a single score for each entry. In case of multiple entries from one author, the points will also be averaged to result in one final score for each artist. If there will be equal number of points for authors with the highest score, the commission will re-evaluate these works. The Commission's assessment can not be appealed.
5. Selected artists - if your are selected it will be your exclusive responsibility to deliver upon the notice from the organizer the actual artwork / artworks to the exhibition and to make sure it is framed and ready to be displayed. Author is to required to add to each work description (title, technique, size, year, price if the work is for sale). At the same time you agree that you will follow all procedures the organizer will take to promote the exhibition. The organizer has the exclusive right to revoke your participation if those instructions are not followed. Click HERE to review the document that you will be required to sign if you are selected for an exhibition and send back within 2 weeks upon the official results. Artists who do not return the signed form back in time (as stated in e-mail) may be excluded from the exhibition. If for any reason you can not deliver the works for the exhibition, you are obligated to inform the organizer about it without delay after publishing the results. He then has the right to choose another artist as a substitute.
6. Awards – awards for the selected artists are described at the Awards or Competition page. There are no alternatives available for award winners. Awards recipients are responsible for any import taxes or levies payable on receipt of the awards in their own country. In the event of a change of the prize (unforeseen circumstances), the organizer is obliged to immediately inform all entrants and allow them to withdraw from the competition, paying them the full amount they paid for their registration.
7. Artwork sales - the organizer’s commission will be 30% of the list/retail price if not agreed otherwise.
8. Usage of Images – the rganizer have the right to publish registered images for promotion and publicity.
9. Retention of Images - by uploading your artwork, you authorize organizer to retain the images of such uploaded artwork in our system until the conclusion of the competition. You further authorize organizer to retain such images following the conclusion of the competition. In case you request to delete your images please contact us after the conclusion of the competition at email@example.com We will confirm the receipt of the email and your images will be deleted within 10 business days after your receipt of our confirmation.
10. Changes - organizer reserves the right to change competition dates on what he will inform in due time. The contest participants can change their entry / entries free of charge within 3 days after confirmation e-mail admission.
11. Registration – your participation in the competition will be confirmed only after payment of the amount specified in the conditions of the given competition, which is the gift to the organizer - Galéria Gwerk oz, Jána Smreka 1, 841 07 Bratislava, CRN: 423 584 85. The organizer will in accordance with the Constitution of the Association use these financial contributions for the organization of other competitions / activities in the field of art and culture. Contributions can be paid via a payment card (VISA or MASTERCARD) or the amount can be transfered to the organizer's account. The contributions are non-refundable.
12. Copyrights – copyright and other intellectual property rights remain with the author. However, the organizer has the right to copy and / or reproduce and / or present registered pictures to the public regarding promotion of the exhibition and competition. All of the images that you will be submitting are images of original artwork created by yourself or are artworks created by an artist who authorized you to submit the images on his/her behalf. Images submitted by you do not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
13. Liability – in case that you bring a lawsuit or assert in any forum any claim whatsoever against organizer, its agents, employees, representatives and/or officers, in connection with and/or arising from any claims that are in any way related to your participation in the competition, the maximum amount of damages to which you shall be entitled on all of your claims in the aggregate shall be the greater of either (a) the insurance proceeds received by either you or organizer in connection with your claim or (b) in the event that your insurance claim is denied for any reason whatsoever and/or is not covered by the insurance policy, no more than the total amount actually paid by you to organizer in connection with your entry.