Melita Fodor Gwerková was raised in an artistic environment and she inherited her relationship to art from her ancestors – Edmund Gwerk, Slovak modernist painter. She studied the International Business at the University of Economics in Bratislava and then passed professional internship of Economy and financing of the culture at l´Université Dauphine in Paris. Later she gained the experiences in financing of the cultural projects during her work in European Commission. In 2014 she passed her studies at prestigious auction house Sotheby´s in London. She is the owner of the private gallery Gallery Gwerk and so far she has organized dozens of successful exhibitions in Slovakia and abroad. Since November 2015 she has been writing about interesting news from the art world on blog gwerkova.blog.sme.sk (articles in Slovak only).
To participate is fine, but win interesting prizes is even better...
Based on our experiences we know that professional presentation of art work is a key factor for the artists and their careers. That is why we decided to organize exhibition for the first three selected authors with a total value of 2000 EUR:
- exhibition at the gallery in the very centre of Bratislava (historical centre, pedestrian zone)
- curator – Melita Fodor Gwerková, owner of Gallery Gwerk
- catalogue / brochure – preparation and printing of all materials for the exhibition
- PR – promotion before and during the exhibition (online, print), dissemination of press release to all relevant media
- presentation of authors and their works to the wide artistic community - curators, art historians, gallery owners, art lovers, artists and art collectors
- according to achieved place – certificate of „1st, 2nd a 3rd place“
- profile and presentation of art works on the project website and social networks
Besides first three places, we will also announce 7 finalists who receive the certificate "Finalist Award" + promotion on our social networks.
AWARDS IN OTHER COMPETITIONS
Awards will be modified in a way that they will always bring real benefit to the artists:
- financial award
- individual or collective exhibition (Slovakia and abroad)
- invitation to artistic residence, etc.